Friday 3 July 2020

[News] More News

In the last few days I collected so many news about childhood hero stamps that I did not want to wait until the end of the month to present them to you. So here they are.
Let's start with Germany. Like I wrote the last time, yesterday a setenant pair about the Open-air Bath Witten was issued and on the right stamp there is a towel with Spongebob's face. I added the stamps to my collection yesterday and uploaded them here. See for yourself and decide if you want them in your collection. In the new postfrisch magazine of the Deutsche Post, Number 4/2020, also the results of "Europas schönste Briefmarke 2018" (Europa's most beautiful stamp of 2018) are presented. The first place goes to Croatia, but the German 70ct Snoopy stamp got the second place. Nice news, but I am not sure how representative the selection was. The contest is organised by a German stamp magazine and there was only a choice between twelve stamps. Nonetheless that was also one of my personal favourites of that year. 
The last time I complained that the Portuguese super hero stamps disappeared from the stamp programme. Yesterday I wanted to take another look, but this time I was not even able to find the programme anymore. However I was looking a bit through the blog O Filatelista and discovered this post about special postmarks in June. One of them deals with Wonder Woman. Looking more through the blog I saw similar postmarks for Flash, Superman, Batman and the already mentioned Harley Quinn and Joker. Like some Google searches revealed there were actually already meuselo sets about Flash, Batman and Superman as well (Wonder Woman most likely too, but so far I saw no pictures). So it seems that there were actually such sets issued about all six characters and WOPA (on which my last statement was based) just does not list/sell them. As it was hard enough to find the pictures, I assume it will be even harder to get the stamps. So far I could not find them neither on WOPA nor the Portuguese post website and unless that changes I will definitely not consider these stamps for my collection, mainly also because I do not collect personalised stamps anyway and do not know how to get these easily. Still hoping that there might be actual stamps later this year!
From Finland comes in September a set I forgot to mention the last time. Tatu and Patu will make a (their first?) philatelic appearance. You can see those on the website of the Finnish Postcrossing Friends. Still not sure if I want them, but they look nice and "technical tricks" (teknisiä kikkoja) makes me curious. 
Also in September Miffy will appear on a new Dutch "Kinderpostzegels" set for her 65th anniversary. This time there will however be only five stamps in the sheet. As I was planning to add a Miffy stamp set to my collection anyway, I will get these for my collection for sure. 
This really seems to be a year for rabbits and bunnies. The most interesting news of the last days come from France. The Lapins crétins (Raving Rabbids) by Ubisoft will appear for the first time on stamps. Just like the Asterix issue of last year, there will be a booklet of twelve stamps issued this month and a single(?) stamp in September. The pictures for the July issues can already be seen online. Although I really like these stamps, I am also a bit disappointed, as I was hoping for a 50 years Barbapappa issue this year. Also I do not know, why the Raving Rabbids will make an appearance now, as next year they turn 15.  
Meanwhile the US Bugs Bunny stamps can now be preordered, but the images are still not available. Like, who buys stamps you can not see yet?
I will do the next big update this time really at the end of the month (unless I can not wait...), but if there are news about Bugs Bunny I might post earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment